Popular Posts

Saturday, August 20, 2016

At the Master's Feet

Despite the fact that every client at the Pasco Home STILL asks about what the dogs said to me that day (see The Mic Dropped...and went thud! for details on my poorly worded sermon about revelations from the Lord), I am going to share another profound revelation brought to me via my fur-babies.

I was working on the computer, still playing catch-up after my week in Kansas for my grandmother's funeral, when I went to the kitchen to get a drink. My husband was studying at the kitchen table when I noticed Rascal at his feet.

Rascal, so named for his propensity to get into EVERYTHING, rarely sits still. He is definitely the doggie version of my son Cody, who also got into everything as a boy. Forgoing the crawling stage, Cody went from scooting to climbing and never slowed down. Except maybe on school mornings in high school. I'm pretty sure the ALS Ice Bucket challenge was devised by a mother of a teenaged boy.

Rascal is no different. The moment he was born he was alert and feisty. When he finally learned to stand on his legs, he bypassed the others taking their first wobbly steps and took off in a full run.

He was a rascal, all right.

And today was very uncharacteristic of him.

For one, he was still.

Not thinking, I blurted out, "Look at you, all still at your master's feet."

The revelation was immediate.

How much trouble could he get in at his master's feet? What safer place could he be than at his master's feet?

Why do we stray so far away then blast the Lord for our struggles?

If only we could learn to stay at His feet.....


No comments:

Post a Comment