Popular Posts

Friday, January 15, 2016

Sometimes You Just Need to Turn It On

I spent over 7 hours yesterday downloading a Spanish course for my husband.

I put all the lessons in a folder and then created a shortcut on the desktop.

I came home from cleaning the church this morning to find my husband sitting at the computer dismayed that his new course wasn't working.

I was aggravated. Did we waste our money? Do I need to reinstall RealTime? Am I going to have to download all thirty-six lessons again? WHY did I waste all that time yesterday?

Obviously, cleaning the church had not left me with the mindset of service to others.

I sat down, ready to take a sledgehammer to the entire system when I looked over and noticed the speakers. Off.

With a quick flick of the wrist, I turned the knob and strains of espanol filled the air.

"Oh," my technology-challenged husband exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.

Yet even before my eyes could return to their rightful place in their sockets, I felt the gentle admonishing of the Lord.

This is what so many people do, He explained. (When He approached me gently like that I knew that I was one of the SO MANY.)

I've laid it all out there for you and you are running around frantically saying, "It won't work! It's not getting better! Help me!"

But you never even tried to turn it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment