Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

You'll Never Believe What I Found in the Ashtray in Tent City Today

Roll-your-own cigarettes are a common sight in homeless camps, and sometimes it is difficult to tell the exact substance being rolled.


Since most of these "cigarettes" are disposed of when we walk up, chances are great that they are not smoking mere tobacco.


But what I saw today literally made my jaw drop.


Five little roaches (the end of a smoked marijuana cigarette) in an ashtray.


It wasn't the number of them that caught my attention but the wrapping. I've seen rolled up paper bags, loose-leaf paper, and receipts. But today I saw something I'd never seen before.


The Holy Bible.


Pages from God's Word ripped out and used to roll up and smoke dope.


I was almost scared to be near them.


I didn't say anything, didn't even acknowledge that I'd seen them. Handed out the sack lunches and prayed as always.


On the way back to my car, though, I turned to my husband. "I think I'm going to be sick," I whispered.


"That's why we're here," he replied.


Yes, that's why we're here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment